American Councils organized a workshop on internationalization and partnerships on 16-17 May 2019 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
The total number of participants reached over 65 people, which included representatives from 20 Central Asian universities located in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan; U.S. universities; State Department SCA; Public Affairs in Tashkent and Dushanbe; Ministry of Higher and Specialized Education of Uzbekistan; and American Councils staff from Tashkent, Almaty, Bishkek, and Washington.
The two-day workshop presented knowledge and skills for Central Asian university administrators to advance the four goals of UniCEN:
- adapt faculty policies, practices, and administrative structure;
- increase student exchange with U.S. higher education;
- increase faculty collaborations and partnerships with U.S. counterparts that support the role of universities in society and economic and workforce development;
- adapt curriculum, teaching, and assessment methods for improved student outcomes.
You can find some of the workshop materials here:
- Internationalization and International Partnerships
- Curriculum Development
- Faculty and Research
- Administration and Communication